Pages

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Mood Swings

It's been one of those days [or years, let's be honest] when my mood changes so frequently I get whiplash.
One moment I'm feeling great, and the next I'm overwhelmed/frustrated/anxious because of the slightest event.

Sometimes, when I have a clear list of goals that need accomplishing, or people around to distract me, I can press on through the downward slopes.

Other times the feeling is so debilitating that I can't focus on anything, and usually lose myself in some kind of internet-induced coma, looking at a million useless things just to keep from losing myself in my own thoughts.

It's not a process I particularly enjoy.

I was feeling like this towards the end of work, and a song came on Pandora that helped me out a bit.
You are Good by Nichole Nordeman [well, not technically by her I don't think, but her version of it]

It's pretty. And the lyrics talk about how God is good through the good days and the bad. Sometimes [a lot of times] I need that reminder. I definitely needed it today.

Of course, my few hours after work proved to be challenging as well, which brought me home in a funk. Luckily, I have a wonderful husband who made a delicious dinner, and in sitting down to write this post I listened to You Are Good again. Plus, I'm headed out to a piano concert at the Div. School, which should be excellent.

At the end of these blah days, I guess I'm just grateful that something as simple as a song, or a good meal, or getting to bask in the talents of other people can remind me that He is good.

With every breath I take in, I'll tell You I'm grateful again.

No comments:

Post a Comment