Pages

Friday, August 23, 2013

Someone find me a cellist

Yesterday I asked my supervisor if I could start playing a classical Pandora station at my desk. I'm in a front office, mostly by myself, and the quiet was starting to get to me. She graciously obliged, and so I've been enjoying the likes of Mozart and Bach and Debussy. Pandora is quickly adapting to my love of all the stringed instruments, and every time a piece performed by a cello comes on I reaffirm my desire to find a good cellist to keep around at all times. Seriously. What a beautiful instrument.

Nothing really important to say about this, except that after just 8 or so hours of listening to classical music, I find myself missing the piano. And my dad. Can't really listen to classical music and not think about Dad. I'm grateful for parents who encouraged me to be musical, who found me good teachers and wouldn't let me quit on a whim. And for my Dad and his genuine love and appreciation of music, from the Beatles to Chopin. That kind of passion is a wonderful gift to share with your kids.

That's all I've got today. Love for the cello and for Dad. 

Happy Friday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment