Pages

Monday, August 26, 2013

Ashland

6 years ago today, I moved into the dorms at Ashland for the first time. I can remember how absolutely terrified I was as I prepared to meet my new roommate and say goodbye to my family. I also remember how quickly I realized that Lauren was pretty great, and I was going to be just fine.

Freshman year Religious Life Retreat

It's no secret to anyone who knows me that I loved my years at AU. It was an incredible time of personal and spiritual growth for me. I [almost always] really enjoyed the courses I took, especially the classes in the Religion department. I found amazing friends and a wonderful faith community.

2010 Call Retreat at Mowana

The campus went through times of joy and sadness, and so did I. As is normal for a college student, life was often crazy and busy. Late nights of reading and paper-writing in between doing rounds in Clayton as an RA. Early mornings for class or giving tours for the Admissions' office on the weekends. 

Clayton Hall staff Fall 2010

For three and a half years I spent Thursday nights at the Well, had countless movie nights in the dorms, and braved the long Convo lines for brunch on the weekends. There was morning coffee or late night snacks in the Eagles' nest, homework in Lower Chapel, and playing piano in the practice rooms. I found friends and mentors, watched relationships begin, survived road trips and retreats, and learned how to nap.

Oh... and I met this guy. And then Tom came to Ashland as well. And he met a girl.













I guess you can say that AU was good to us :)


No comments:

Post a Comment