Pages

Sunday, June 16, 2013

A New Chapter

After a quick weekend up in Durham, Stan the Man and I are back in our new apartment in Columbia, this time for good. Well, mostly. We have a few trips planned this summer (for baby nephew's baptism and Brother Bear's WEDDING!), and I will be back in Durham for Drew's final Sunday at St. Paul's, but just for a weekend. In the grand scheme of things, I live in South Carolina now.

Woot.

Drew is still living in Durham finishing his internship through the end of July, which means I am living in SC alone. Well, technically with Stan, but he's not much of a conversationalist.  And Drew is going to be pretty swamped, especially in the next two weeks, working at a camp at Duke, so he will not be available to chat very often. I'll be busy working (a temp job), looking for full-time work, and unpacking, but let's be honest, I'm going to be lonely. So I would like to apologize in advance for the probable excessive use of social media over the next month. I'm just pretty confident it's going to happen, so sorry if that's super annoying to you.

Drew's journey here will start with classes in August, but I am here looking for a job and trying to get the apartment unpacked and learn a new city. I'd appreciate your prayers as we enter this new chapter of our lives! A few requests in particular would be:

- That I find a job (that I like) quickly! I am mostly looking at office type jobs right now because that is what my experience is in, but I'm open to a change as well!

- That I find a community of friends: I'll probably be checking out a church this Sunday, and there are some people living on campus here. Fortunately, Stan is very friendly and a great ice-breaker when I see people walking around but am feeling shy :P

- For Drew: that the camp at Duke will go well, that the remainder of his time at St. Paul's would continue to be a good experience, and that his transition out of Durham and into Columbia would go smoothly.

- For silly things: like that I would be focused and productive at home so I can get this place unpacked; that I won't find any more cockroaches while unpacking (yes, welcome to the South); that the incredibly sketchy wireless network here would be... less sketchy, I guess, because I really like having Pandora or Netflix on when I'm here by myself and right now that is just not happening; and that I can finally get my TomTom to update it's maps, because a GPS is the only way I'm going to be able to get anywhere down here.

Thanks in advance for your prayers :) I will post some pictures of the new place once it is more presentable!


Also, some good advice for your life:


someecards.com - If anyone ever tells you you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don’t need that kind of negativity in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment