Pages

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Dreaming

“God can't give us peace and happiness apart from Himself because there is no such thing.”
- C.S. Lewis

I'm not in love with my jobs right now.

My job at church that I've been doing for awhile is ok,
but the new job I've taken on is giving me a lot of anxiety.
Like, a lot.

I've been looking around for another part-time job to try to replace it, but no luck so far, and sometimes that really gets me down. I don't want to complain about it. I'm lucky to have one job, let alone two. It's really not that bad, I should be able to suck it up. But there are days that the work causes such distress in me that it's all I can do to not break down in tears.

Sometimes I let myself dream about the future. I'm holding out for that day when I'll enjoy the work I do. Not that it won't have it's own stresses, or that every day will be perfect, but that ultimately the work I do will bring me joy.

I don't know exactly what that looks like, or when it will happen, but I'm still dreaming. And praying. Praying that God will either provide a different job for me right now, or that He will give me peace about what I'm currently doing. Praying that He would teach me to dream, and help me figure out how to make those dreams reality. And praying that, in the midst of all this, that I would still know peace in Him. I could definitely use some Peace.

1 comment:

  1. You know that I know exactly how you feel, sweetie. It can be so frustrating to work in crap jobs! And mine are super easy, so I can only imagine how awful it is to be at a job that's stressful.

    But praying for peace is exactly what we need to do. We can be content just where we are if we work for it :)

    ReplyDelete