Pages

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Another week down

It's crazy how fast this year has gone. It can't be that we've been in this new apartment for 5 months already. That the summer came and went. That Thanksgiving is only 6 weeks away. That Drew and I got married almost two years ago. But alas, it seems all those things are true!

The year may be flying by, but right now I'm enjoying my Saturday. We slept in until after ten, made pancakes for breakfast, and now we're watching football loving the sunshine and cool breeze coming through the window.

This week wasn't too exciting. Mostly recovering from our weekend trip. But here are a few fun/random things to share:

- Drew and I had several "we're an old married couple" moments last week. The first was when we got super excited that our electricity bill was only $65. The second was when we went on a coupon frenzy at target and saved like $30. Yep, this is our life. We're cool with it :)


- This is my turkey friend. He's been hanging out my my church for the past several days. I think he got separated from his pals, and liked to see his reflection in the glass doors, so that's where he's stayed. Scared me to death the first time I saw him peering in the window, but he grew on me.

- I joined Instagram and Twitter in the past week. Judge me or love me. Whatev :P


- It's been cool here in Durham but today it was sunny and Stan decided to take advantage. He is such a sweetheart, and several times a day I find myself thanking God for the joy he has brought to our lives.


- A newer pic of our cutie nephew, Benjamin :) Got to skype with brother & sister-in-law earlier in the week and see this handsome guy. Everyone is healthy and happy and we're thrilled.

- Last night the youth at our church had a lock-in and Drew and I joined them for their bonfire. Stan was a hit with the kids, and I got to use my fire-building skills and teach the kids the "Tarzan Song" I learned at Camp Findley. It was pretty awesome.

- My handsome husband is officially getting installed as Vicar at St. Paul's tomorrow morning. I'll be sure to post some pics :)

That's all I got. Happy Saturday!

1 comment:

  1. woo for the Tarzan song! and no stinkin way has it been 2 years since you guys got married. holy crap.

    ReplyDelete